Monday, March 11, 2013

Addendum to Last Post!

After Work Garage Lifting

I decided I've got to be more balanced in my lifting.  With the Open going on, I'm still doing MetCons and affiliate training regularly but I want to get the big lifts in every week.  Post-work lifting is now going to incorporate Wendler 5/3/1 as a 4-day-a-week plan.  One big lift each session, with assistance/Oly practice on non-affiliate days.  I know, I'm violating important axioms of training by trying to blend bunches of things, but this is just until the Open is over.

First up:

Shoulder Press - 1RM 115, Training Max 105
10 x bar, 5x65 (warmup)
5 x 70
5 x 80
5+ x 90 (did 10 reps)

If anybody does read this, try not to laugh too hard at my embarrassing press!  But seriously, any advice would be welcome.  I've got a long way to go on shoulder strength.




No comments:

Post a Comment