Friday, October 25, 2013

Week of 10/20/2013 Update

Monday -
Started the week out still tight in the lower back, butt and hamstrings area from the competition Saturday, so I wasn't expecting too much.  Snatch up to 95, C&J to 110 - pretty vanilla overall.  FS, 3 doubles at 122 and P-FS 3 doubles at 110 wasn't too shabby.

Tuesday -
Made my snatch grip push presses a little more fun and dynamic by adding a power snatch beforehand instead of off the rack.  That was fun, technically PRed my PSn at 185# (84) - and no starfishing in sight!  Messed up weights for bench press and row 5s - accidentally went off my weights for triples, 205 and 185 respectively - so that was harder than necessary and will probably be scaled back a touch next week.

Wednesday -
Felt mostly recovered, technique was a little off today though.  98/107, cleaned 112 but jerks felt terrible.  Back squat 5x3x132 got squirrely at the end but didn't miss anything.

Thursday -
Started with some rack jerks - doubled up to 245#, singled 255#, whiffed 265# - 255 is about the most I've actually jerked in a few weeks though.  Shoulder press 3x5x120 felt good, also one-armed rows and some curls.

Weight fluctuated between 189-193 this week.  I don't even care if I am gaining slow, I'd just like to see some consistency on the scale.  Coming down with a little bit of a cold, or maybe it's just cold weather shock.  We'll see how max-out Saturday (and 5s of back squat!) goes, I'd love to get over 100/115 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment