Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday, 6/3/2013

CFE Team Training
(in garage)

Warmup - mobility, light squats

Max Effort Lower Body - Overhead Squat
Warmup:  8x45-5x115-5x135
To 3RM:  3x145-3x155-3x165-3x175
To 1RM:  1x185-1x195-1x205(f,1)

3RM technically PR since I've never tested that before, 1RM was 10# PR - tried 210 but that and 205 f were lack of shoulder stability - didn't even start the squat on either of them.  Have to figure out how to work that overhead support with wide grip because it will help my snatch a lot too.

Assistance -
A) Speed Deadlift - 3x10x275
B) "GHD" situps - 3x15x10

Not a lot of exercises today, I'm OK with that though.  Thought it was going to be two bad workouts in a row after I missed 205 but ended up getting it.  Again, have to work on those shoulders, specifically my swimming-worn-out right one.  Deadlifts felt good although looking back on the tape I think I have to work on dropping my hips more to get my legs more into it.  Might be a short hamstring issue, but I don't want to start being a hypochondriac.

Here's the vid (of course, this time Blogger recognizes I have YouTube videos, but all of them but this one for some reason) - For the squats, I may be leaning forward a bit too much - could be a symptom of short hamstrings again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OCJQ3_Hly0



No comments:

Post a Comment