Friday, January 25, 2013


What is going on here?
This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu4BGYRbIyM

Friday, 1/25/2013

Crossfit Edwardsville Workout

Warmup: CFE Warmup, Plyos, Mobility, shuttle runs

Strength:  Dynamic Effort - 
12x3 supersets of...
speed weighted ring dips (23# vest)
explosive pushups

//This was pretty good stuff here.  Lots of "pressing" kind of exercise, which is my weakness by far.  "Explosive" means some kind of either superman pushups or clap pushups.

MetCon:  Death by Pullups
EMOM - 1 pullup, 2 pullups, 3 pullups, etc... till failure

They had me go as far as I could with Death by Muscleup before I went to pullups.  Made it through the round of 6, and 4 in the round of 7.  Then jumped into the pullups and made the round of 12.  By then my arms were pretty well toast and I didn't even try the set of 13.

Cashout - 50 V-situps

Thoughts:  I liked it!  Could have gone further in the muscleups, I think, if there hadn't been all those dips beforehand, but that's ok.  You do what you can with what you have.  I do absolutely love having a ceiling in the new gym that's high enough to hang rings so I have to jump to get up to them.  Don't have to worry about feet scraping on the ground on the pull.  And!  I got to pick up my bar and weights today.  So Thread WOD #3 either tomorrow night or Sunday morning.

Body:  Unsurprisingly, my lats and triceps are feeling it right now.  Foam rolled the back a couple times so it's feeling better.  Maybe get some extra sleep tonight since I can wake up a couple hours later.

No comments:

Post a Comment