Sunday, December 1, 2013

Weekly Recap - Week of 11/24/13

Up and down week this week.  Here goes.

Monday - Snatch was on today.  Tried a little different warmup, did squatting quad drills with the bar and dropped the 3-2-1 power/power-to-squat/squat at the beginning.  Up to 100 no misses, missed 105 once really close, and then nailed it.  1kg PR.  C&J was a touch off, felt like I was fighting cleans up so stopped at 110.  Strong pulls, then back squat 5x3x138.  Snatch balance not quite as good as last week, 3x90, 2x95, missed 1x100.  I'll take it though.

Tuesday - Think I found a pretty good lineup of stuff finally for the light days.  Power snatch up to 205#, that's 5lb PR.  Missed 210 a couple times, actually the first 210 miss I caught it almost perfectly for a full snatch but wasn't quite expecting the full squat.  Then bench and bent-over row triples, chest supported DB rows and leg raises.  Will probably sub Sn Sots presses for something starting next week.  Sets of 10 or something.

Wednesday - Must have ate something questionable or caught a bug, my stomach was angry at me in the morning and I had no gas at all today.  Everything was slow and weak - Sn to 90, C&J to 100, Cl to 105, Bad pulls, terrible squats (4x127, 4x5x120), survived RDLs.  Wipe the memory of that one, feel better tomorrow.

Thursday - Turkey day!  Thankful for having a job and being near my family, thankful for having pastimes I enjoy, thankful for having built friendships and met an amazing girl through those pastimes, thankful for living somewhere that lets me enjoy all these things.  Was very tight, did some stretching after nap and played catch with the sibs.

Friday - Just a mini-workout to get the essentials in and get moving after pig-out day.  Power C&J up to 245#, was nailing heavy jerks which isn't normal in my garage.  Missed J's but got power clean PRs at 250 and 255.  Then press, 3x3x140.  Good thing we are going to 10s next week, I think I about maxed out triples this cycle.

Saturday - Snatch up to 100, was very close on a few 103s but just not feeling the lockout well.  This is where Sots presses will come in.  C&J up to 120, 110 was probably the best heavy C&J I have done, caught it perfect and crushed the jerk.  115 and 120 were definitely ugly on the cleans, but I am amazed how much better my jerks have gotten without focusing on them.  Front squat 3x129 for PR, missed the 134 double, got the 140 single, also PR - and "officially" more than I've ever back squatted too :-).  Back squats 'eh', 10x120, 10x122 (got 7), 10x120.  Deadlift 3x3x160, in hindsight probably not a great idea since my back is tight today.  Have to swallow ego on those.

No comments:

Post a Comment