Monday, November 11, 2013

Weekly Update, Week of 11/3/13

Monday - Start Justin's "Squat Armageddon" program today.  Gotta get stronger!  Got stuck in the corner for the first half an hour with a crappy 31mm bolted bar with no spin and missing my wrist wraps.  Was not in a good mood.  Got myself a platform and nice bar finally just when snatches started getting heavy - hit up to 98 first try (where was that Saturday?), missed 101.  Clean and jerk felt not-so-good, barely made 112 and whiffed on 116 clean a couple times.  Squats 5x3x135, was at my triple PR and was very hard.  Made it through though.  Felt a little cold coming on all day.

Tuesday - Yep, definitely a cold, and not a little one.  Got home from work and passed out.  Rest day.

Wednesday - Still felt like crap.  Took sick day from work, tried to workout when I felt a little better.  185#/215# was the most frustrated I have ever been lifting I think.  Made my squats though - 5x5x280#/127kg.  Bit of a grind but not bad.

Thursday - Starting to feel much better.  Auxiliary stuff at J5 like usual.  Rack jerk PR for a double - 255#/116kg.  Strict press 3x5 at my old 1RM of 125#, I think I can do more than that now.  Some bench-supported dumbbell rows as prescribed by Justin.

Saturday - Still stuffy, and feeling a little bit of sickness fatigue still.  So, today was mildly surprising.  Snatch up to 101 no problem, 104 was off but not that far away.  C&J only up to 112 again, jerk not feeling it, but kept going with cleans to a 4kg PR at 124.  Had more but coaches said to save some for squats.  3/2/1 FS to 125/128/134, all PRs.  3x10 BS at 113, 116, 118.  Also all progressively PRs.  Dead legs by deadlifts - 3x3x150.  Add in a nasty new accessory of back extension holds.  Only nasty because those spinal erectors are definitely a weakness for me.  Good day overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment